We are currently seeking an exceptional candidate for a Lead Inspection Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) inspection for compliance with the Illinois Tollway standards and manuals.
• Oversee and mentor staff in current inspection practices and techniques.
• Log identified work activities in cloud database.
• Develop conceptual repair plans and cost estimates.
• Oversee condition of all Illinois Tollway ITS assets, including: CCTV, DMS, RWIS, WIM and related equipment.
• Generate Annual ITS Inspection Report.
• Performing fiber continuity test between either two plazas or device location and plaza.
• Assist G4S or Tollway ITS field technicians in their efforts of performing maintenance on ITS sites that are experiencing communication issues.
• Review of fiber test results and other fiber documentation submitted by the contractor to determine if the fiber is performing within specifications.
• Perform yearly review of all fiber related specifications and base drawings while making the proper updates from lessons learned.
• The act of tracing existing fibers and documenting their terminations.
• A college degree in civil engineering, electrical engineering, construction management, or a closely related field.
• Certified Engineer-in-Training, PE preferred.
• 2-10 years of design and construction experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Illinois Tollway design and construction standards and criteria.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Fiber Optic Networks.
• Strong communication and technical writing skills.
• Ability to develop and foster innovative solutions inspection data collection.
• Review and evaluate schedules for accuracy and progress.
• Proficient in the use of tablet technology in order to produce required project documentation.
• Knowledge of construction field inspection and applicable specifications.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative to perform tasks.
• Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, and Microstation.
• Experience with ArcGIS Online or Cartegraph OMS.
Qualified candidates please email your resume to email@example.com